Here’s what we came up with:
Here’s what we came up with:
Here is the finished poster I designed for them. Oh, and I’ve seen the show, and it’s pretty darn funny.
Oh, and I also dabble in web design, so I put together their blog site as well. :-)
What else is new here in Chicago? Josiah and I went to the Colorado Avalanche game here at the United Center, and boy did we have a blast! We love going to hockey games, especially for $8.00 a piece. I think Josiah’s dream is to live in Colorado together with season tickets. I have many more photos to post from the game, but I picked one of my favorites. We are kinda silly sometimes.
I’ve been swamped with assignments this week, the teachers are really piling it on with midterms around the corner. I just keep telling myself that there are less than two weeks until I’m in Hawaii! *Excitement ensues.* This past weekend I had a photography workshop for two days, and on each day, I shot nudes for about 6-7 hours. It was a good experience to have under my belt, though not really my favored genre of photography. Needless to say, I won’t be posting any of those pictures online.
Well, that’s all, take care everyone! Tomorrow I’ll be up at the crack of dawn (actually before it!) to shoot pictures until around 10am. A full day ahead of me – wish me luck!
Michael Kalish. I couldn’t copy a couple of the ones that I really liked because his site is flash. He uses license plates and paint on sheets of metal and wood. Check it out here. p.s. my favorites are “Rain” on page 4 of his collection and “Humphrey Bogart” on page 3.
Marco Kooiman. Trendy colors and nostalgic scenes. His website here.
Ahh, there are more. But no time. Enjoy!
Jack, Caedmon, and Tyler – thanks! You rock, boys!
Gemma, Cam, and Noelle – you girls were the greatest!
p.s. heth, how do you want me to send you all the pictures? CD?
1. New equipment that will make my photography business more efficient. The Canon 5D, two new lenses, and a light set all this year. I don’t know that there is anything else right now that I could want. I feel like I am set to go for a long while. At least until I pay all this off. Some favorite images from my new gear:
2. Great friends. Both in Waverly/Waterloo and in Chicago. I got to chill with most of my good friends from high school at least once when I was back – shopping, movies, late night conversations. All wonderful. And now that I’m back? Late night board games, deep conversations and girls’ nights. So priceless. I feel so blessed.
3. Family. Game nights, dinners with mom’s macaroni, growing and changing, but always there for each other.
4. Love from a great guy. We’ve had our thick and thin this year, but I continue to grow closer to Josiah each day and am continually challenged to be a better person for him. I love you, babe.
5. Love and forgiveness from God. I seriously screw up every day, but He is always forgiving, and his love is the prime example that I must live by, because it holds no record of my wrongs and challenges me to live with purpose.
Here’s to a great new year, everyone!
We rented the new Woody Allen film “Scoop” and began watching it – we never finished, it is absolutely awful. Two great actors, Scarlet Johannsen and Hugh Jackman, were awful in this movie. When the DVD skipped and stopped an hour into the film, we took it as an omen that we should just stop watching it. Instead, we put in one of my favorite movies, Two Weeks Notice, with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant. So we got our fill of romantic comedy and an amazing British accent. Good stuff.
Meanwhile, we tried the new tea I got, Mango Black Tea, and let me tell you, it is AMAZING. It was $20 a pound, one of the cheaper teas at Ten Ren (They have one green tea that they sell at $130/lb.) but it was so good, perhaps the best tea I have ever had. It has real pieces of mango dried up in it. I used my new french press, which I am so excited about, and Hayley’s water boiler, and probably refilled it 6 times, thus about 30 cups off of 6 tablespoons of the loose leaf tea. I don’t think I will ever go back to regular tea – I’m going to Ten Ren again tomorrow, so that I can take my time and get acquainted with all they have to offer. Supposedly they have 200 varieties of tea there.
Following the movie, we sat around and gushed about boyfriends and dating and life until after midnight. It was so much fun. A few of us had to do late rounds in the building still, so we headed out and girls’ night was over. I believe we’ll be doing another on Monday. Priceless.
Here are a couple of my faves: